fbpx

Home Forums Mantra Meditation – Wisdom and Practice What are your thoughts on the nature of happiness?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This first lesson deals with the nature of happiness. What are your thoughts? Do you agree with the basic premise? Please reply here with thoughts and/or questions.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by AvatarStephen Raisz.
      Participant

Okay, here’s a thought: in my life I have desired to achieve many things. I have often become singly focused on one goal and then achieved that goal, only to find that it didn’t actually make me any happier. Maybe it did for a few months, but then I found out that it wasn’t as good as I had hoped it would be. In one particular instance the very thing that I thought would make me happiest ended up being a cause of despair.

Participant

I believe happiness comes from within and manifests itself through the freedom to be of service to others whilst being mindful and centered in the goodness and mercy of God.

Participant

Happiness seems a bit thin on the ground for me . There’s happy moments happy times or pleasant times should I say but there’s also a lot of painful , miserable moments too, coupled with stress conflict etc.
      For happiness to exist it must be without all those things ..

Happiness is eternal element and nothing to link with satisfaction or happening of some expected event linked to earthly desires in our daily life. We may undergo difficulties in life may be health issues, surgeries, long term disabilities, interaction with ill-minded people, physical or mental torture from world but its gonna hurt our physical and mental senses deeper and no where its our true nature to yield for them as we are soul and not belonged to particular body or mind. Our soul nature is only happiness.

Happiness is eternal element and its the nature of soul nothing but we in true sense.

Participant

The more we hanker after material stuff the more we entangled in this material world. By developing having moderation in material things and by practicing meditation we can achieve happiness even in distressed moments with our constant efforts.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.